From "Christian Loock" <c.lo...@va-ro.com>
Subject AW: AW: FOP Performance
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:30:05 GMT
We are using PHP to generate "static" XSL-Fo Templates which get filled with data out of our
databases. After this we use a simple console call in PHP which tells FOP to generate a PDF
using the before created FO Template. The results are as good as any standard fop generated
PDF. I don't think i can send you a sample because the PDFs contain sensible Data, I hope
you understand this.

Christian

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Jimmy Dixon [mailto:jimmy.dixon@perfiliate.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 10. November 2005 17:12
An: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: FOP Performance

are you using a PHP wrapper to use FOP programatically with PHP? Like the PEAR one that is
available?

My boss tried to install the xslfo_to_pdf PEAR module on a linux server using FreeBSD but
couldnt manage it. He's upgrading the server to Redhat soon so we can try and create PDF reports
on the fly. I think your problem will almost certainy be to do with the Java installation
and configuration you have on the server that doesnt work as well. Im no expert on such things
but I bet if you get it to mirror your Java setup on the server that works better you will
get better results.

What sort of quality PDF have you managed to generate? Any chance of attaching a sample PDF?

Kind Regards.
Jimmy.

Christian Loock wrote:

>Yes we use PHP? Why?
>
>Are there any knwon issues using PHP and FOP together?
>
>Christian
>
>-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

delete it from your system; you should not copy, disclose, or distribute its contents to anyone
nor act in reliance on this e-mail, as this is prohibited and may be unlawful. We check all
emails for viruses, but please note that we do not accept liability for any viruses which
may be transmitted in or with this email.