From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Error: / by zero
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:46:59 GMT
Ail Sahin wrote:

<snip/>

> When I fire up the transformation I get an error:
>
> [INFO]
> building formatting object tree
> [INFO]
> Parsing of document complete, stopping renderer
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.ArithmeticException:
> / by zero
>    at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerImpl.java:1276)

>    at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:668)
>
>    at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1129)
>
>    at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transform(TransformerImpl.java:1107)
>
>    at
> de.xifs.worker.PrintDocumentWorker.render2PDF(PrintDocumentWorker.java:212)

Looks like the problem is in Xalan, not FOP. To trace the cause of the
problem use Xalan to generate an FO file.

This is explained on the website:

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.20.5/running.html#check-input

If you get the same error when running Xalan, then the problem isn't in
FOP. You might be better off posting the Xalan error to the xalan-j user
mailing list.

Chris