From "Gaeb, Jörn" <g...@Conclude.de>
Subject using Arial Font with fop in PDF, but support copy & paste
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 19:19:21 GMT
Hi,
i have a big problem to use Arial Font in my PDF.
The main thing is, that the document must be searchable, so embedding is not
the solution.
I look for weeks on many webpages and newsgroups, but nothing helps.

Things I have done:
Convert Arial to SVG and insert it via Fop -> Bug in Baltik generates
negative height
Generate Font metrics with -enc Ansi -> Ansi is not enough I need cyrillic
characters

I use Fop 0.20.5 and try Fop 1.0 dev for tests.

Some commercial tools support using own Fonts. I try IBEX PDF Creator and it
produce from a fo File a PDF. So what is the Problem in fop. I saw that the
Bug (#5335) is open in 2002.

Please help.
Thank you very much
Jörn