From "Daniel Kraft"...@daniel-kraft.net>
Subject Using MathML extension with FOP
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 11:05:33 GMT
Dear FOP-Users,

currently I'm experimenting with Apache FOP (current SVN-Trunk build), because I
need a XSL-FO processor capable of MathML; I'm using the MathML-extension for
FOP from the examples directory (and therefore JEuclid 2.0 to convert MathML to
SVG). It works, but the result looks very ugly (it is completely missized and
far too height). For example, try this minimal FO-tree:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<root xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format">
 <layout-master-set>
  <simple-page-master master-name="seite">
   <region-body />
  </simple-page-master>
 </layout-master-set>
 <page-sequence master-reference="seite">
  <flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
   <block>
Here comes some text with inline
<instream-foreign-object>
 <math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">
  <mfrac>
   <mi>Math</mi>
   <mi>ML</mi>
  </mfrac>
 </math>
</instream-foreign-object>.
   </block>
  </flow>
 </page-sequence>
</root>

Is just the MathML extension not good enough, or am I doing something wrong
(e.g., am I missing impoprtant properties)?

Thank you very much!
Yours,
Daniel Kraft