From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FOP font width for custom font (Arial)
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2005 01:40:20 GMT
On Nov 17, 2005, at 5:22 PM, Manuel Mall wrote
> I just did my own test and the results are intriguing (using the latest
> version of FOP). There is certainly a big difference between Word and
> FOP.
>
> It appears that FOP ignores the font-weight="bold". That is the text is
> rendered identically for font-weight="bold" and font-weight="normal".

This may be due to a lack of a font-triplet for BOLD, although you're
using Arial (aren't you?) so IMO it should Just Work(tm)

> Secondly it appears to be rendered in nearly the same size as Word
> renders at font size 14.
>
> This is when the font is embedded into the PDF.

This may be the problem. It may not be embedding the 'bold' version of
the font for some reason.

> Converting my FO example to HTML/CSS both IE and FireFox render it
> identically and consistent with Word.
>
> This seems to need some further investigation...

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay
--
<the.webmaestro@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>