From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: How to pass input of xml tranfs. to xslt transf. ?
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 17:21:07 GMT
On Dec 9, 2005, at 18:03, Peter.Neu@gmx.net wrote:

Hi Peter,

> It seems that the source of the evil bug is not the typo but the
> for-each
> tag like Andreas suggested. I removed it and voilá some output on the
> screen. I looked at the fo document and it seems ok. So back to the
> orginal
> question what is wrong here?
>
> I used a dozen for-each tags in another setup where I wrote the xml
> document
> to the file system and the output to pdf was no problem. What is
> different here?

Could the problem be that the Hello element currently is the root
node of your document (as I suspected)?

In that case, don't change the stylesheet, but modify your Java code to:

handler.startElement("", "", "root", atts);
handler.startElement("", "", "Hello", atts);
handler.endElement("Hello");
handler.endElement("root");

(IIRC, startDocument() simply doesn't magically create a root node
for you...)

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas