From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Vertical alignment on one page
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 14:42:29 GMT
Joachim, please don't put me in the Cc. I'm always listening into
fop-users when I'm available.

With FOP 0.91beta you can use space-before.minimum="0cm"
space-before.optimum="10cm" on the second table. The breaking algorithm
should (in theory) automatically try to reduce the number of breaks by
collapsing the space between the tables like that. No guarantees, though.
I haven't tried it in this particular situation. With 0.20.5 you won't
have a chance to achive that.

On 03.02.2006 15:19:51 Unger, Joachim wrote:
> Hi Fop-Experts,
>
> I have a problem with vertical alignment of tables:
>
> If the conent fits in the first page, I want to use the bottom of a page
> for a second table. This table should be placed as low as possible.
>
> if table 1 and 2 fit in first page
> #-------------------#
> | TABLE 1 RoW 1     |
> | TABLE 1 RoW 2     |
> | TABLE 1 RoW 3     |
> | ....              |
> | TABLE 1 RoW n-1   |
> | TABLE 1 RoW n     |
> | <as much space as>|
> | <        possible>|
> | TABLE 2 RoW 1     |
> | ....              |
> | TABLE RoW n-1     |
> | TABLE RoW n       |
> #-------------------#
>
> If the content doesn't fit into the first page, the second table should
> append top aligned to (directly after) table 1.
>
> #-------------------##-------------------#
> | TABLE 1 RoW 1     || TABLE 2 RoW 4     |
> | TABLE 1 RoW 2     || ...               |
> | TABLE 1 RoW 3     || TABLE RoW n-1     |
> | ....              || TABLE RoW n       |
> | TABLE 1 RoW n-1   ||                   |
> | TABLE 1 RoW n     ||                   |
> | <no space>        ||                   |
> | TABLE 2 RoW 1     ||                   |
> | TABLE 2 RoW 2     ||                   |
> | TABLE 2 RoW 3     ||                   |
>
> How can I achieve it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jo

Jeremias Maerki