From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: generating data url external-graphic in PDF
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:13:52 GMT
In addition to what Chris already told you: Maybe I was not clear enough.
You don't place that JAR file with the protocol handler with your other
JARs (i.e. not in WEB-INF/lib), you need to place it in WebSphere so
they end up in the top-level class loader. That directory could be a
"lib" directory directly under the root where you installed WebSphere.
As I said, you will need to consult the WebSphere documentation to find
the right spot. What I forgot to mention is that in addition to the JAR
file with the protocol handler you will need to place the batik.jar in
the same place, too, because the protocol handler references classes
from batik.jar.

On 08.02.2006 17:58:53 Edward McMasters wrote:
> I generated a JAR with just those classes and put it
> in the same place as my other JAR files, giving this
> new one precedence and got the same result.  I am in
> the middle of attempting to try rebuilding FOP 0.20.5
> with these new classes embedded but I am currently
> having a problem because it seems that I cannot get
> one of the packages from the source download
> (org.apache.fop.fo.properties).
>
> Should I be concerned that the package
> org.apache.fop.util.protocols.data does not appear in
> the original FOP 0.20.5 JAR?  I am just wondering
> where these classes will be called from, although the
> program that I copied has the same libraries as my
> program and it has no trouble referencing these
> classes.
<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki