From Paul Tremblay <phthe...@iglou.com>
Subject differnece between fop and xep: which is right?
Date Mon, 13 Feb 2006 03:59:48 GMT
I have the following line in my of.xml file:

    <fo:list-item space-before="12pt">
    	<fo:list-item-label end-indent="label-end()">
		<fo:block></fo:block>
	</fo:list-item-label>
	<fo:list-item-body start-indent="body-start() + 12pt"
	text-indent="-12pt">
	   <fo:block>In late winter</fo:block></fo:list-item-body></fo:list-item>

I want to create a hanging indents for long lines of poetry. When I
run this document through xep's processor, I get the following error:

 [warning] Bad attribute start-indent: Cannot add type Word to type
 Length

However, when I run it through fop .91 beta, it works exactly like I
want it to.

Is xep correct in reporting an error? Is fop cheating? Of course, I am
glad that fop processes the document the way I want!

Paul