From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: FOP Unicode problem
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:59:53 GMT
ZapfDingbats is one of the base 14 fonts which are available in FOP
without doing anything special (at least when you render to PDF and PS).
So, provided that the Unicode value is correct (I haven't checked), you
can simply specify font-family="ZapfDingbats" and your checkbox should
be shown. So, you see it's a lot simpler than you thought. :-)

On 17.02.2006 14:44:24 Sascha Punzmann wrote:
> I know it is an topic that has been discussed several times here, but I
> really canot find the solution for me! If I want to add a unicode
> character for a checkbox "&#9744; --> &#9744;" The PDF only contains a
> "#". So far I understand that I need to convert this symbol somehow into
> an XML Font Metric to use it in the PDF Creation. But I don't know how.
> I tried to convert "ZapfDingbats" to such a XML file, but it failed due
> to a missing Unicode cmap table. So my question is, how do I get this
> symbol into my PDF?

Jeremias Maerki