From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: The id "x" already exists in this document - Headers and Footers
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 20:47:07 GMT
Marcel Hoffmann wrote:
> I have a problme with the "id already exists" issue that has - to my
> knowledge - not been discussed in this group.
>
> The fo file I use carries a fo:wrapper node in the header section. The
> wrapper node appears only once. Nevertheless FOP is not able to process
> the fo file and returns the following error code.
>
> [ERROR] file:/E:/chiron/batchprotest/test4.fo:2:2947 The id
> "Produktname" already exists in this document

I'm not sure what you mean by "header section".

FOP 0.20.5 has a few bug which cause this error message even for
perfectly legal FO input.
- Do not reference IDs in static content
- Do not reference IDs in table cells which are in rows with a
  keep-together or keep-with-next property or which are followed
  by a row with a keep-with-previous property
- Be careful referencing IDs in content which may be rebalanced
  due to footnotes or due to span="all" blocks in a multi-column
  layout.

J.Pietschmann