From Nige White <nig...@forward-comp.co.uk>
Subject Re: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError processing fairly large table to PDF
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 11:40:00 GMT
Louis.Masters@log-net.com wrote:

> Nige:
>
> I can get 8 pages of your PO to render into PDF (around 900 rows I
> think), but only by increasing my JVM memory to a 400M.  It may be
> lower, but 400 is all I tested.
>
> My env is as follows:
>
> FOP 0.20.3
> JDK 1.4.1
> Win2K
> Command line:  java -Xmx400M org.apache.fop.apps.Fop -fo nigehelp.fo
> -pdf nigehelp.pdf
>
> I can send you the PDF if you want?

So, is it just not possible to output a very large FOP table without it
buffering the whole thing up in memory?

It doesn't make sense. Given that the table layout is fixed, it doesn't
need to see all the data before rendering, it should stream data out as
soon as it's ready. Is there some other way I could display a large grid
of data?

Nige