From John Burgess <john.burg...@riskdecisions.com>
Subject Re: region-before falls between region-start and region-end
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 16:29:46 GMT
I believe that what you get is the correct default behaviour.
precedence = true on region-before and after should give what you want,
but I believe false is the default.  I append the relevant section of
the spec.

7.25.16 "precedence"

XSL Definition:
Value: 	true | false | inherit
Initial: 	false
Applies to: 	fo:region-before, fo:region-after
Inherited: 	no
Percentages: 	N/A
Media: 	visual

Values have the following meanings:

false

     A value of false specifies that this region does not extend up to
the start-edge and end-edge of the content-rectangle of the
page-reference-area, but has its inline-progression-dimension reduced by
the incursions of the adjacent regions.
true

     A value of true specifies that the inline-progression-dimension of
this region extends up to the start-edge and end-edge of the
content-rectangle of the page-reference-area.

Specifies which region (i.e., region-before, region-after, region-start,
or region-end) takes precedence in terms of which may extend into the
corners of the simple-page-master.
Best wishes

John Burgess
Risk Decisions Limited
Buchan House
Parkway Court
Oxford Business Park South
OX4 2JY

T: 01865 718666
F: 01865 718600
M: 07984 863890
E: john.burgess@riskdecisions.com
W: http://www.riskdecisions.com

Karl Roberts wrote:
> Hi FOP Users,
>
> I'm using FOP Version 0.91beta to generate pdf from xsl-fo
>
> I think that I'm right in saying that region-before should position like
> the
> lintle of a door on top of region-body, region-start and region-end
> i.e. like so:  (as described
> http://www.w3schools.com/xslfo/xslfo_pages.asp )
>
>  _______________________________________
> |                                       |
> |    region-before                      |
> |_______________________________________|
> |         |                  |          |
> | region- |                  |  region- |
> | start   |  region-body     |  end     |
> |         |                  |          |
> |         |                  |          |
> |         |                  |          |
> |_________|__________________|__________|
> |                                       |
> |   region-after                        |
> |_______________________________________|
>
> However my PDF ends up like:
>
>  _______________________________________
> |         |                  |          |
> |         |   region-before  |          |
> |         |__________________|          |
> |         |                  |          |
> | region- |                  |  region- |
> | start   |  region-body     |  end     |
> |         |                  |          |
> |         |                  |          |
> |         |                  |          |
> |         |__________________|          |
> |         |                  |          |
> |         |  region-after    |          |
> |_________|__________________|__________|
>
> Is that correct?
>
> My xsl-fo file looks like:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
> xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
> xmlns:xdt="http://www.w3.org/2004/07/xpath-datatypes"
> xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2004/07/xpath-functions"
> xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
> 	<fo:layout-master-set>
> 		<fo:simple-page-master margin-right="1cm"
> margin-left="1cm" margin-bottom="1cm" margin-top="1cm" page-width="21cm"
> page-height="29.7cm" master-name="mastertest">
> 			<fo:region-body margin-right="2cm"
> margin-left="2cm" margin-bottom="2.5cm" margin-top="4cm"
> region-name="xsl-region-body"/>
> 			<fo:region-before background-color="red"
> extent="3.5cm" region-name="xsl-region-before"/>
> 			<fo:region-after background-color="yellow"
> extent="2cm" region-name="xsl-region-after"/>
> 			<fo:region-start background-color="green"
> extent="1.5cm" region-name="xsl-region-start"/>
> 			<fo:region-end background-color="blue"
> extent="1.5cm" region-name="xsl-region-end"/>
> 		</fo:simple-page-master>
> 	</fo:layout-master-set>
> 	<fo:page-sequence master-reference="mastertest">
> 		<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
> 			<fo:block>
>
> 						content stuff
> 			</fo:block>
> 		</fo:flow>
> [...]
Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should
not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments,
and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of
any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and
may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.