From Glen Mazza <gma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: porblem running new fop-0.91
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:52:54 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Actually, this message refers to the fo:region-before element in the
> single-page-master. The specification dictates that border and/or padding
> must not be specified on a region-before which seems to be the case in
> your example.

Well, technically you can specify any property on any formatting object:

For 1.1, First sentence of chapter #5 here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#refinement

For 1.0, Search on "Although every formatting property":
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice1.html#section-N639-Processing-a-Stylesheet

>>Specifically, I have an example tha comes with StyluStudio thate creates a catalog
with text pictures. Using the new fop, I get this error:
>>(Location of error unknown)org.apache.fop.fo.expr.PropertyException: Border and padding
for region "xsl-region-before" must be '0' (See 6.4.13 in XSL 1.0).

The specification is unfortunately vague here by which "value" it is
referring to that must be zero, but I would be inclined to think 6.4.13
means the *computed value* or *actual value* must be zero, not the
(user-)specified value.  If so, they would be welcome to put anything
they want there.  Even the spec, in 5.1.2 "computed values", mentions
properties being forced to be set to "0pt" regardless of the specified
value.  Perhaps it would be better to just have this as a warning in
both the strictly validating and relaxed validation versions.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice5.html#speccomact

Glen