From Torben Lauritzen <tlaurit...@clcbio.com>
Subject TTFReader and MacOsX .ttf fonts
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:41:06 GMT
Hi.

I am using version 0.91 beta.

I am trying to register OS fonts with FOP, in order to embed them in PDF documents. On MS
windows this works fine, but on MacOSX almost all of the .ttf-fonts cannot be read
by the org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader. I get an unsupported format error, fx:

- Number of glyphs in font: 841
- 2 cmap tables
- Unicode cmap table not present
- Unsupported format: Aborting

And the reader returns null. As far as I know, the .ttf format on Mac is not exactly the same
as on windows, so the output is fairly fair, but not being able to read .ttf
files on other platforms kind of disables the platform transparency advantage of Java.

And then to the question:

Does anyone know a workaround - fx a Java converter from Mac .ttf to windows .ttf or do I
have to write my own MacTTFReader?

Thanks in advance.

- Torben
--
______________________________
Torben Lauritzen

CLC bio A/S
Science Park Aarhus
Gustav Wieds Vej 10
8000 Aarhus C
Denmark

www.clcbio.com
tlauritzen@clcbio.com

Contact numbers:
Telephone:   +45 70 22 32 44
Fax:         +45 86 20 12 22

CLC bio A/S Disclaimer:
   Any information contained in this e-mail and/or any attachments
is confidential, and only intended for reception and use by the
specified person.
   If you are not the intended recipient, please return the email to
the sender and delete it afterwards. In this case any copying,
forwarding, printing, disclosure and use is strictly prohibited.