From Jason R Briggs <jason.bri...@rhe.co.nz>
Subject Re: Fop 0.91beta and fonts
Date Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:18:58 GMT
Yes, generating PDF (sorry should've confirmed that before).  I can't
see anything out-of-place myself -- and I've gone through it a couple of
times.  Is this something I should be lodging in Bugzilla?

Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> [...]
> If it's not the above I'm starting to run out of ideas.
>
> On 20.02.2006 21:10:36 Jason R Briggs wrote:
>
>>Hi Jeremias
>>
>>Thanks for your reply.
>>
>>There are no other errors in the logs related to fonts.
>>
>>The reason I posted only part of the fop.xconf is that I used the
>>example included in the conf directory of the fop distribution (with the
>>only additions being my 2 fonts).  The full conf (minus comments) is:
>>
>><?xml version="1.0"?>
>>
>><fop version="1.0">
>>
>>   <base>.</base>
>>
>>   <source-resolution>72</source-resolution>
>>   <target-resolution>72</target-resolution>
>>
>>   <default-page-settings height="11in" width="8.26in"/>
>>
>>   <renderers>
>>     <renderer mime="application/pdf">
>>       <filterList>
>>         <value>flate</value>
>>
>>       </filterList>
>>
>>       <fonts>
>>weight="normal" />

>>weight="bold" />
>>       </fonts>
>>
>>     </renderer>
>>
>>     <renderer mime="application/postscript">
>>     </renderer>
>>
>>     <renderer mime="application/vnd.hp-PCL">
>>     </renderer>
>>
>>     <renderer mime="image/svg+xml">
>>       <format type="paginated"/>
>>       <link value="true"/>
>>       <strokeText value="false"/>
>>     </renderer>
>>
>>     <renderer mime="application/awt">
>>     </renderer>
>>
>>     <renderer mime="text/xml">
>>     </renderer>
>>
>>     <renderer mime="text/plain">
>>       <pageSize columns="80"/>
>>     </renderer>
>>
>>   </renderers>
>>
>></fop>
>>
>>I've checked out and built the latest trunk from subversion and tried
>>again, but still get the same error.  I've also tried using an absolute
>>url for the metrics-url attribute (e.g. something like
>>metrics-url="file:///home/jason/mypath/to/6999e.xml") but that doesn't
>>appear to help either.
>>
>>Not sure if it makes any difference, but I changed the font-name in the
>>each metrics xml file I generated from the TTFs, because it contained a
>>non-ascii character (an o with an umlaut) and this appeared to cause
>>another problem.
>>
>>Regards
>>Jason
>>

>>Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>>
>>>Please check if you don't have any other warnings or error in the log
>>>output about loading fonts. Note that support for relative font URLs has
>>>been added after the 0.91beta release. It might be a good idea to get
>>>the latest source code using Subversion if you don't manage otherwise.
>>>Alternatively, specify the fonts using absolute URLs for the time being.
>>>
>>>As I told José, you, too, only published part of the fop.xconf without
>>>the possibility for me to see if the section is in the right place.

font-style="normal" background-color="#FFFFFF" color="#000000" font-weight="normal" text-decoration="none"
font-family="Arial" font-size="14pt" id="N100A4">