From "Tim Dyck" <T...@dis-corp.com>
Subject RE: problems with printing: fop-0.91
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2006 16:35:12 GMT
I went back to version 0.20.5 and was able to get it work fine so that
is good.  Thanks for the help.

Tim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas L Delmelle [mailto:a_l.delmelle@pandora.be]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2006 12:35 PM
To: fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Subject: Re: problems with printing: fop-0.91

On Feb 16, 2006, at 18:49, Tim Dyck wrote:

Hi,

> Not sure exactly what output renderer I am using at this point, but I
> believe I am using the following renderer (that is what I saw in the
> debugger):
>
>   application/X-fop-awt-preview
>
> and once the awt preview is opened then I click on the print button
> which calls back into the AWTRenderer (which implements pageable) and
> that is what is failing to print correctly.

Have you also tried different Java versions? Different printer
drivers? If either one works, then it would be an unfortunate case of
incompatibility between the Java AWT version and the driver...
There's little we can do about this from within FOP. We just render
to Java2D and pray that the used JRE has no trouble sending it
through to the printer correctly :-/ (We had a recent post concerning
such an incompatibility: replacing the printer driver made the whole
thing work all of a sudden.)

Might be worth a try...

> Also, are you saying there is another way to print via FOP with a PDF
> file or are you just saying open up a PDF file in Acrobat Reader and
> print it?

What Manuel is referring to, IIC, is: render to PDF and pipe the
resulting PDF through to AcroRead.exe via the command-line. (The same
could be done with PostScript as intermediate format. If your
printers understand PS, then you could bypass AcroRead.exe entirely
and send the output to the printer directly.)

HTH!

Cheers,

Andreas