From "Karl Roberts" <Karl.Robe...@macquarie.com>
Subject region-before falls between region-start and region-end
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2006 00:33:14 GMT
Hi FOP Users,

I'm using FOP Version 0.91beta to generate pdf from xsl-fo

I think that I'm right in saying that region-before should position like
the
lintle of a door on top of region-body, region-start and region-end
i.e. like so:  (as described
http://www.w3schools.com/xslfo/xslfo_pages.asp )

 _______________________________________
|    region-before                      |
|_______________________________________|
|         |                  |          |
| region- |                  |  region- |
| start   |  region-body     |  end     |
|         |                  |          |
|         |                  |          |
|         |                  |          |
|_________|__________________|__________|
|   region-after                        |
|_______________________________________|

However my PDF ends up like:

 _______________________________________
|         |                  |          |
|         |   region-before  |          |
|         |__________________|          |
|         |                  |          |
| region- |                  |  region- |
| start   |  region-body     |  end     |
|         |                  |          |
|         |                  |          |
|         |                  |          |
|         |__________________|          |
|         |                  |          |
|         |  region-after    |          |
|_________|__________________|__________|

Is that correct?

My xsl-fo file looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
xmlns:xhtml="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:xdt="http://www.w3.org/2004/07/xpath-datatypes"
xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2004/07/xpath-functions"
	<fo:layout-master-set>
		<fo:simple-page-master margin-right="1cm"
margin-left="1cm" margin-bottom="1cm" margin-top="1cm" page-width="21cm"
page-height="29.7cm" master-name="mastertest">
			<fo:region-body margin-right="2cm"
margin-left="2cm" margin-bottom="2.5cm" margin-top="4cm"
region-name="xsl-region-body"/>
			<fo:region-before background-color="red"
extent="3.5cm" region-name="xsl-region-before"/>
			<fo:region-after background-color="yellow"
extent="2cm" region-name="xsl-region-after"/>
			<fo:region-start background-color="green"
extent="1.5cm" region-name="xsl-region-start"/>
			<fo:region-end background-color="blue"
extent="1.5cm" region-name="xsl-region-end"/>
		</fo:simple-page-master>
	</fo:layout-master-set>
	<fo:page-sequence master-reference="mastertest">
		<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
			<fo:block>

						content stuff
			</fo:block>
		</fo:flow>
	</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>

Am I misunderstanding this or is there a bug in the pdf Renderer?

Cheers

Karl

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie
Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not
read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and
should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any
emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may