From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting duplex for postscript output
Date Thu, 09 Feb 2006 14:43:59 GMT
Ken Sands wrote:

<snip/>

> Sorry about that, I'm using 0.91.
>
> Althought your ps-setup-code solution adds to the output postscript it still
> won't work, the reason being that each page still has a "setpagedevice" command.
> This seems to make the printer (or at least the
> xerox 2425 I'm workin with) start a new page. Although it runs in duplex mode
> (the duplexing unit is flipping pages as it prints) it's not actually putting
> anything on the back, if I remove all but the first setpagedevice instruction
> then it works fine.

I too have experienced this problem on the PS Printers I have tested. A
couple of years ago I reported a similar thing to RenderX and they made
a change to only insert the setpagedevice dictionary onto a page if
there was a change from the previous page. I believe something similar
should be implemented in FOP.

<snip/>

Chris