From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem on use of more pages
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 12:06:14 GMT
Moreschi Lucio wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am using FOP 0.20.5 in order to create PDF documents ( for example
> invoices) I have this problem:
>

> When the line number of my document is higher than the one that can be
> included in the page of PDF document, Apache  doesn’t change page and
> the remaining lines are not shown anymore.
>
> I made some tests and I understand that the problem is caused from the
> use of the fo:blok-container rather of fo:block

Thats right. The XSL-FO specification dictates the behaviour of
Block-Container.

> I want to use container. Can anybody help me?

Why do think you need block-container? In FOP 0.20.5, the primary use of
Block-Container is to absolutely position a piece of text on a page.

<snip/>

>    <xsl:template name="templateBody">
>
>       <fo:block-container height="170mm" width="200mm" top="110mm"
> position="absolute">

Why not use margins on the region body to give the same effect? From
your sample it looks like you'll be able to achieve what you want by
using margins on a region body.

>          <fo:block-container font-size="9pt" height="120mm"
> width="200mm" position="absolute">

<snip/>

Chris