From jelka.ko...@atol.si
Subject Re: Problems with czech characters
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2006 08:04:13 GMT
Hello!

I had same problem due to ISO latin 2 character set that is in use in our
country (Slovenia).

You have to create font metric file for font types you want to use (from
*.ttf) and register those files with FOP.

You can find instructions on how this is done here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.20.5/fonts.html#custom

Eckard_Buchner@tonbeller.com
15.02.2006 08:13
Please respond to
fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org

fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org
cc

Subject
Problems with czech characters

Hello,
our Czech customers tell us that not all czech characters are printed
correctly with the built-in pdf fonts. For example "R-caron" is not part
of the font table in the pdf specification.
If we embed a true type font then it is fine, but we have not found a
suitable font to ship with our application (license restrictions or heavy
license fees)

Has anybody experienced similar problems? How can I make use of the fonts
that acrobat reader comes with (Minion ...). Are these fonts available on
all platforms?
These fonts contain most foreign characters

Thanks
Eckard