From Grant McAuley <gmcau...@llu.edu>
Subject Re: PFBParser - ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:28:46 GMT
Thank you Jeremias (see below)

Jeremias Maerki <dev <at> jeremias-maerki.ch> writes:

> One day we have to add code that identifies the file type so we can give
> a more meaningful error message. The error is easily fixed, see inline
> below...

> "embed-url" must reference the PFB (!) file, not the PFM files. The PFB
> contains the font. The PFM only contains font metrics but they are
> already available in the XML file.

Yes, a 'wrong file type error' would have helped.  However, (now) I do see the
.pfb file in the in the code snippet under the '4.4 Register Fonts with FOP'
heading of the 'Fonts' documentation.  Also, I should have recognized the fact
that the exception occured in the '*PFB*Parser' class as a BIG clue.  My bad!

Could you (or anyone) point me to where I could learn a little more about .afm,
.pfm, .pfb, etc. files and fonts in general?