From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: FOP 0.91 Beta - Previewer problem
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:28:27 GMT
There is something to consider:
Previewing the FO document in FOP's AWT Preview is not the same as
previewing the PDF. The AWTRenderer (based on the Java2DRenderer) uses
different font metrics than the PDFRenderer which can cause the document
to look different depending on which renderer the document was generated
with.

There are Java-based packages around with implement a PDF viewer that
you should be able to integrate into your Java application. Just enter
"Java PDF Viewer" in Google and you find plenty of hits. All commercial,
I think. PDFBox is an open source package which can preview PDFs but
it's not mature enough for the job, yet.

On 11.04.2006 13:06:52 Debasish Jana wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Thanks for your prompt answer. Can you please pass me a sample code to
> invoke the renderer in an AWT window (JPanel or JFrame). Suppose I have a
> XSL-FO document which I would like to render to say PDF using FOP renderer
> and like to preview it? How can I do it?
<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki