From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Error while creating metric file
Date Sat, 29 Apr 2006 10:41:15 GMT

On 28.04.2006 23:12:34 Susant wrote:

> Archna,
> I would like to know how you generated the metrics file for that OCR font.

He probably generated it like any other font.

> I've a font that generates a logo which says it's a TrueType font, but
> complains while generating metrics file using TTFReader.

TTFReader cannot process every TrueType font. I assume you get an error
message about a missing "cmap table". BTW, it's always a good idea to
say which FOP version you use and what exactly the error messages are.
I assume you're using a custom-built font (since it's producing a logo)
and that's why the "cmap" table is not available. You're out of luck
with FOP to process this font for now. I suggest you use a painting
program (like CorelDraw or Illustrator) to paint the logos contained in
the font and export each as an SVG graphic (with text converted to
shapes).

Jeremias Maerki