From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: guide me
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:35:35 GMT
On Apr 11, 2006, at 11:15, Cinzia wrote:

> Chris wrote:
>
>> There are text nodes in the XML source. The Line Feeds count as
>> text nodes.
>
> Then am I correct in assuming that by removing those lines feeds
> (i.e. all cityInstal
> elements on one line) would give position() 1,2,3... in fortest3b
> code (see previous posts)?

It should, provided that:

a) the XSLT processor is 100% compliant, and
b) the input is:

<genericSiteDoc><cityInstal>...</cityInstal><cityInstal>...</
cityInstal>...

(note: no text or white-space whatsoever in between, not even a
single space)

and to take the original input as the above is exactly what xsl:strip-
space takes care of (IIRC, it makes the XML white-space text-nodes
'invisible' to the XSLT processor)

Cheers,

Andreas