From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: upgrade to fop 0.92 - image problem (no wrap)
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 06:37:36 GMT
With your snippet I can't reproduce the exception. You might want to
make a complete (but reduced) example available. Inserting
<fo:inline>&#x200B;</fo:inline> seems to do the job to allow line breaks
between images.

The exception below means that you've got content that is held together
but does not fit onto a page in vertical direction. If you have a keep
somewhere, it could explain the exception. Try removing any keeps to see
if it helps the situation.

On 01.05.2006 23:38:10 Burton, Jeff wrote:
> Thank you for your help... sorry for not including the fo code.
>
> I've tried putting in that zero space width character... (Character
> entity for zero-width-space seems to be '&#x200b;' or '&#8203;'(<that
> one is the one suggested by my editor) rather than (&#200b;)the later
> isn't accepted by my editor)... When I add this i get the error below:
> Error Mssg:
> SEVERE: Exception
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Some content could not fit into a line/page
> after 50 attempts. Giving up to avoid an endless loop. (fo:block,
> location: 208/313)
>
> If I take out that section (<fo:inline>&#x200b;</fo:inline>) from the
> xsl and use just the char ref, it still doesn't work.  If I take out
> either and leave it the way it was before, it works, but the photos
> don't line break as they were doing before (and as such, was expected)
>
> the code is attached, the first chunk is when i include the
> <fo:inline>&#x200b;</fo:inline> and the second a chucnk from the same
> seciton with a little ore context as it was before I added the zero
> width spaces.
>
> I had a look at the mailing list topic you mentioned
> (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=113151196116514&w=2) and it
> sounds like simply wrapping those e-g in the zero space width char
> should do the trick... but for some reason it is not... As I said, I am
> new at this...if you have any idea why this isn't working... thank you
> for your help.

<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki