From Ralf Schmelter <Ralf.Schmel...@gmx.de>
Subject SVG images are clipped
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 23:13:15 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem embedding SVG images using FOP (version 0.92beta). The images
are always clipped at the right and the bottom. The .fo file was created via
Docbook (4.2) with the 1.69.1 xsl stylesheets using saxon. The SVG images
itself were created using Inkscape V0.43. When I convert the SVG images to
PNG using Batik 1.6, everything is fine. If I make the document larger, so
that there is free space at the right and bottom, I can get the desired
result, but of course this breaks the conversion to PNG.

I have attached the output I get for HTML with the SVG converted to PNG via
Batik (html-example.png) and the PDF output created with FOP
(fo-example.png). Even if I reduce the width to 50%, the SVG is clipped in
PDF (but only using half of the page width as expected).

Here is the part of the fo-file which embeds the SVG graphic:

<fo:block id="d0e181"><fo:external-graphic src="url(pics/gc-overview.svg)"
width="auto" height="auto" content-width="auto" content-height="auto"
content-type="content-type:image/svg+xml"/></fo:block>

Is this a problem of the SVG image or of Docbook (seems unlikely), Batik or
FOP?

Best regards,
Ralf