From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: SVG images are clipped
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 06:55:05 GMT
What you can check is if the SVG contains a viewBox. If it does not it
is most likely your problem. SVGs without a viewbox depend on the
resolution setting of the viewer to determine the intrinsic size of the
image. This calls for trouble. FOP defaults to 72dpi. You may need to
set it to 96dpi: <source-resolution>96</source-resolution> in the config
file [1].

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/latest/configuration.html#general-elements

On 03.05.2006 01:13:15 Ralf Schmelter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem embedding SVG images using FOP (version 0.92beta). The images
> are always clipped at the right and the bottom. The .fo file was created via
> Docbook (4.2) with the 1.69.1 xsl stylesheets using saxon. The SVG images
> itself were created using Inkscape V0.43. When I convert the SVG images to
> PNG using Batik 1.6, everything is fine. If I make the document larger, so
> that there is free space at the right and bottom, I can get the desired
> result, but of course this breaks the conversion to PNG.
>
> I have attached the output I get for HTML with the SVG converted to PNG via
> Batik (html-example.png) and the PDF output created with FOP
> (fo-example.png). Even if I reduce the width to 50%, the SVG is clipped in
> PDF (but only using half of the page width as expected).
>
> Here is the part of the fo-file which embeds the SVG graphic:
>
> <fo:block id="d0e181"><fo:external-graphic src="url(pics/gc-overview.svg)"
> width="auto" height="auto" content-width="auto" content-height="auto"
> content-type="content-type:image/svg+xml"/></fo:block>
>
> Is this a problem of the SVG image or of Docbook (seems unlikely), Batik or
> FOP?
>
> Best regards,
> Ralf

Jeremias Maerki