From Glen Mazza <gma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extending fox:outline
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 01:37:33 GMT
Vijay Yellapragada wrote:

> The current problem I am trying to solve is the following :-
>
> I am trying to generate subsections numbers in my final PDF document. So I have
> chosen a scheme where each <h?> tag in html maps to a corresponding section
> level. For eg :
>
> h2 - 1
> h3 - 1.1
> h4 - 1.1.1 etc
>
> My XSLT transforms the 'h' tag to FOP 'fox:outline' with an appropriate
> subsection number based on its depth in the html document.

This will not work by the time you're ready for FOP 0.92, because
fox:outline has been replaced with the XSL 1.1 equivalents fo:bookmark,
fo:bookmark-tree, etc.[1], and the content model (location where
fo:bookmarks can be placed) for XSL 1.1 is being enforced, i.e.,
fo:bookmark tree is a direct descendant of fo:root only.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#d0e14222

> I noticed that inorder for me to get a tree structure of bookmarks, I need to
> have nested "fox:outline", however this gets overly complex because the 'h'
> tags are not inherently nested.

If you can use 0.92, I think you just need to go to the Mulberry List to
determine what XSLT to use to get the nesting that you desire.

Glen