From "Noll, Jeffrey T HS" <jeff.n...@hs.utc.com>
Subject RE: table-footer
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 13:52:04 GMT
In simple cases fo:footnote works fairly well. I've used it in the case of
printing an invoice where I wanted the total and nomenclature to always
appear at the bottom of the last page. Quick example:

    <fo:footnote>
      <fo:inline vertical-align="super" font-size="1">.</fo:inline>
      <fo:footnote-body>
        <xsl:call-template name="FootTable"/>  <!-- your output goes here
-->
      </fo:footnote-body>
    </fo:footnote>

For more complicated pages you may want to use fo:marker. I use in the above
example where I would want multiple invoices in a PDF, but each invoice to
have its totals appear in the same location on their last page.

Basically embeded in a cell in the last row of the table have:
<fo:marker marker-class-name="summary">
      <xsl:call-template name="FootTable"/>
</fo:marker>

And then in region-after:
<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="summary"/>

The disadvantage here is that you have to preset the size of the
region-after, so if you have a large table that spans a lot of pages you may
have a decent amount of blank space at the bottom of all but the last page.
Hope this helps.