From Karthik <karthik...@yahoo.com>
Subject variable footer content
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 21:42:55 GMT

Hi,

I'm using fop-0.91beta. Apologies if this has been addressed already. I have a
requirement to not show footer in the last page alone. My tests with
conditional-page-master does not produce the expected results. I went through
the archives and learn't that page-position="last" is not implemented yet. Could
someone pl. clarify if this is still the case?.

Also, based on some suggestions to use fo:marker as a workaround for variable
footer, I tried the solution to have 2 markers - one at the beginning of fo:flow
and another at the end.

<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
    <!-- first marker -->
    <fo:marker marker-class-name="footer-all">
     	<fo:block>
     	   TEST
     	</fo:block>
     </fo:marker>
       ......apply templates.....
       <!-- second marker -->
      <fo:block><fo:marker marker-class-name="footer-last"/></fo:block>
</fo:flow>

The one at the beginning has the footer content and the marker at the end has
nothing. The retrieve-markers in static-content look like below :

<xsl:if test="$show-last-page-footer = 'false'">
 <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="footer-all" retrieve-boundary="page"
retrieve-position="last-starting-within-page"/>
  <fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="footer-last" retrieve-boundary="page"
retrieve-position="last-ending-within-page" />
</xsl:if>

The footers od a 3-page output(PDF) produced looks like this :
Page 1 -> TEST
Page 2 -> no footer
Page 3 -> no footer

My desired result is:
Page 1 -> TEST
Page 2 -> TEST
Page n -> no footer

The page-sequence-master I use looks like below :

<fo:page-sequence-master master-name="simpleDoc">
	<fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="firstPage"
page-position="first"/>
	<fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="restPage"
page-position="rest"/>
	<fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="lastPage"
page-position="last"/>
</fo:page-sequence-master>

Please let me know, if any suggestions.

Thanks and appreciate your help,