From "Pascal Sancho" <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject RE: Commercial Documents
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 07:38:56 GMT

Hi Andy,

We hardly use FOP since 2003 with very great satisfaction in a
commercial environment.

Our customers expect now more and more, so we can produce Hi quality PDF
that are used for professional printing, including crop marks and bleeds
(yes, FOP can do that, either v 0.20.5), etc...

IMO, the main advantages of FOP are:
- high flexibility (we always find a solution to a specific request);
- high availability (we can include FOP in various solutions);
- great community help & solidarity (no price for that!);
- very very active project;
- etc.

Final pricing depends on how you imagine your solution:
when combined to an easy-to-use dtd, an easy-to-use back-office, and
simple principles of writing, you should be able to free more than 50%.

Pascal