From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: PDF generation
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:48:38 GMT
Remo Liechti wrote:

> It's me again.
> Well, to pass parameters to the XLS works fine, now. For example I can
> define the paper size etc.
>
> In the FAQ on
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/faq.html#blank-page-between-page-seque
> nces is written in chapter 3.2:
>
> If you don't want to have this blank page, use
> force-page-count="no-force".

This is what I told you in my last e-mail.

> Well, the force-page-count parameter is not recognized by the XSL. And I
> think it's a FOP parameter because it's in the FOP FAQ. (so this problem
> is NOT a docbook related problem)
>
> How do I tell the FOP to use the force-page-count parameter? I'm using
> version 0.92.

Your XSL-FO needs to have the page-sequence elements with the attribute
force-page-count="no-force". Since you dont submit XSL-FO to FOP, but
XSL and XML which is first transformed by Xalan into XSL-FO and then
sent to FOP, you need to change the XSL to make this happen. The XSL is
docbook.xsl ....

Ask the docbook folks how to get the attribute
force-page-count="no-force" on page-sequence into the XSL-FO generated
by docbook.xsl. Perhaps I'm not being very clear, in which case I
apologise, but it seems to me that there is a mis-communication somewhere.

<snip/>

Chris