From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: keep-with-next (fop thrunk-svn 08Ago2006)
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:53:55 GMT
Luis Ferro wrote:
> I've the following code somewhere in a page:
>
>     	<fo:table keep-with-next="always" table-layout="fixed" width="144mm">

<snip/>

>     	<fo:table keep-with-previous="always" table-layout="fixed"
> width="144mm">

<snip/>

> What i was supposed to expect would be that the two tables to stick together
> in the same page, but the actual results are that they are broken apart one
> in each page...

keep-with-next tells the formatter to make the 2 objects start on the
same page as the first. However it does not forbid the formatter from
breaking either object mid way. So in fact the 2nd table will have to
start on the first page, but all its rows could still end up on page 2
because the formatter is allowed to break the tables in between rows. To
get the results you want, you will need to add keep-together="always" to
both tables. Make sure the length of both tables isnt longer than 1 page
though.

Chris