From "Peter" <pc.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Png output and transparent background
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 19:55:35 GMT
Gentlepeople,

I am considering entering this in bugzilla.

Just to make sure: would that be "the correct" approach?

Thanks,

Peter

  _____

Sent: dinsdag 5 september 2006 14:58
To: 'fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Png output and transparent background

Hello,

I have the *impression* this is related to some code in
org.apache.fop.render.java2d.Java2DRenderer#getPageImage, namely

            // draw page frame

            graphics.setColor(Color.white);

            graphics.fillRect(0, 0, pageWidth, pageHeight);

            graphics.setColor(Color.black);

            graphics.drawRect(-1, -1, pageWidth + 2, pageHeight + 2);

            graphics.drawLine(pageWidth + 2, 0, pageWidth + 2, pageHeight +
2);

            graphics.drawLine(pageWidth + 3, 1, pageWidth + 3, pageHeight +
3);

            graphics.drawLine(0, pageHeight + 2, pageWidth + 2, pageHeight +
2);

            graphics.drawLine(1, pageHeight + 3, pageWidth + 3, pageHeight +
3);

Depending on the use case having a white page background and black frame
might be fine. In my case it is not what I want.

Would this be considered a bug or a feature, and/or would it make sense to
add some kind of option to either enable or disable this part of the code?

Thanks,

Peter

  _____