From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Turkish character support
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:17:27 GMT
The next step in the documentation [1]: Register the fonts with FOP by
adjusting the user configuration file. Use the conf/fop.xconf as a
template.

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.92/fonts.html#register

The whole process in short steps:
1. Create a XML font metrics file (use TTFReader for a TTF file)
2. Register the XML font metrics file and the TTF font in the user
configuration file.
3. Make sure FOP uses the user configuration file.

On 10.09.2006 14:05:03 Onur Senturk wrote:
> I did try that too. I converted the ttf file to xml but, what do i have to
> do next? i copied the xml file to the conf directory, but nothing seemed to
> have changed.
>
> On 9/10/06, Jeremias Maerki <dev@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:
> >
> > Oh, great. I just realized we all failed to see the obvious:
> >
> > Onur, you're trying to create a font metrics XML file from a TrueType
> > font (.ttf) but you're calling the PFMReader to do that. You need to use
> > the TTFReader! PFMReader is for the .pfm files of a Type 1 font.
> >
> > On 31.08.2006 18:16:34 Onur Senturk wrote:
> > > I looked at the FOP website and tried to figure things out. The first
> > thing
> > > i tried was to generate an xml file from a true type font(times new
> > roman).
> > > But i couldn't. How am i supposed to generate it?
> > >
> > > i coded something like this first:
> > >
> > > PFMReader df = *new* PFMReader();
> > ^^^^^^^^
> > >
> > > df.constructFontXML(df.loadPFM
> > > ("c:\\times.ttf"),"TimesNewRoman","","","c:\\times.xml");
> >            ^^^^^^^^
> >
> > <snip/>

Jeremias Maerki