From Oliver Hernàndez Valls <ohernan...@notariado.org>
Subject outputting TIFF-G images
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 09:04:22 GMT
Hi all,
	I'm working with fop to generate MTIFF text images. At the moment i'm
using fop-trunk because no justification functionality is working in fop
0.92 for tiffs.
	Right now I've all the functionality to generate parametrized text
images implemented. By default fop uses packbits compression and colored
image coding.
	I'd like to change the tiff coding to TIFF-G because generated images
with the default tiff coding are very big (around 9000 kB) and
coloration is not needed for the images I'm generating.
	I'm using the "new" FOUserAgent parameter setTargetResolution(int), but
I can't see any way to change the default encoding for tiff images.
	Some time ago I readed this somewhere in the source code: "//TODO
Support output of monochrome bitmaps (fax-style)", but don't know if it
has something to do with changing tiff coding.

	Any hint/workarround/documentation please?

Thanks a lot, salut / cheers !