From Wyatt Tellis <wtel...@radiology.ucsf.edu>
Subject Wrapping long character strings
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 02:43:02 GMT
I'm building a medical report printing application and I'm having
trouble forcing long characters strings (not really words) to wrap. FOP
gives the error: "Line 1 of a paragraph overflows the available area.
(fo:block..."  For example I may have a series of 80 '*' characters. I
would like to have that string wrap to 2 lines instead of  continuing
over the edge of the page.  Per the wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/Troubleshooting/CommonLogMessages),
I've tried using the wrap-option and overflow attributes to get the
strings to wrap with no luck. Hyphenation doesn't work either. I'm using
0.92.beta. Is there a way to get this to work in FOP?

TIA,

Wyatt