From "Pascal Sancho" <pascal.san...@takoma.fr>
Subject RE: Drop cap first letter...
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 07:39:03 GMT

This is the normal behaviour.
Since fo:list-item-body is not a reference area, indent property has to
be explicitely defined if you don't want inherited value (0mm in your
case).
Fortunately, the body-start() function makes the job.

> What i was supposing to happen would be that in the lines
> that where "horizontally" overlaped by the bullet, the
> content would be "indented" to the immediate character
> position. In the next lines, it would be not indented.

Lists can be compared as a 2 columns tables in this case.
If the content of one column ends before the other one, ther is no
overlap after.

> Would the "floats" that Vincent talked about would do this?

Floating objects are out of the normal flow and can be placed typically
on the left|right side of your page, normal flow surrending your
floating object, like this:

F    t normal flow text normal
 l  a  flow text normal flow
  oo   text normal flow text
 l  a  normal flow text normal
f    t flow text normal flow
       text normal flow text
normal flow text normal flow
text normal flow text normal
flow text normal flow text

But, FOP doesn't implement this for now.

Pascal