From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: tables or no tables
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:24:54 GMT
On Sep 1, 2006, at 16:12, Niek van Elck wrote:

> I’m quite new to the xsl-fo subject, allthough i have build a
> couple of pdf reports using xsl-fo.
>

> I have encountered some limitations on fo:table
>
> The book xsl-fo from o’reilly says there are so many other ways to
> represent data than the use of tables. The only thing missing is
> what the other ways are..
Absolute-positioned block-containers, inline-containers(*), list-
blocks...

Really depends on what the precise requirements are.
What limitations are bugging you exactly?

(*) inline-containers are currently not yet implemented in FOP
> Is there anyone who can push me in the right direction?

Well, did I? If not, it would help us if you could be more precise
about the intended result. I'm sure there are a lot of people around
here who would gladly offer you examples.

HTH!

Andreas