From Ron p <rperic...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Images and https
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 17:23:57 GMT
 <rohit.rastogi <at> pfpc.com> writes:

> The problem is very clear . The FOP transformation fails when the
> fo:external-graphics tag has a source to an image which is in secured
> site(ex: "https://..../someimage.jpg".  ) . Please let me know if you have
> any ideas for this.
> Thanks
> Rohit
>

>> The error message already describes the problem: there is an
> unknown certificate in use. This most likely means the code
> in question ins't configured to find an appropriate trusted
> certificate for the root CA. Unfortunately, your problem
> description is still quite vague, it isn't clear whether this
> is a problem with the "secure site" or some client side code,
> or whether the "secure site" is actually under your control.
> Anyway, configuring HTTPS handling in Java ins't exactly the
> topic of this mailing list. I suggest isolating the problem
> (minimal Java code and processing setup, preferably *not* in
> an app server), and ask again in an appropriate Java forum.
>
> J.Pietschmann

J. has it correct. There is a problem with your server's Trust File. You have
to add the root certificates to your server's .jks file to make the problem go
away. We had the same problem and solved it by adding our root certs to the
rust file WebSphere was using. Once that is done, the errors should go away.
You shouldn't have to adjust your code in any manner.