From "Peter" <pc.subscripti...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: HTML Rendering
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 15:27:12 GMT
Putting the content within formatting independent markup is obviously the
right way.

But having a single layout language that could generate both html/css and
pdf would be nice as well (and not contradictory). I understand that given
the very different nature of the output there are a tremendous amount of
issues and competing interests involved.

But the problem of converting 'something' to both html and pdf is certainly
common enough.

To a certain extent things like http://www.re.be/css2xslfo/ seem to want to
address that.

Peter