From "Paul Moloney" <maoldomn...@hotmail.com>
Subject Troubleshooting "No meaningful layout" errors
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:18:34 GMT
Our build system:

* DocBook XSL 1.70.1
* Saxon 6.5.5
* FOP 0.20.5

A particular user manual is giving a "No meaningful layout" error.

[ERROR]
file:/home/pmoloney/svn/pplus/docs/manuals/target/fo/care_applications_g
uide/care_applications_guide.fo:88:696 No meaningful layout in block after
many
attempts.  Infinite loop is assumed.  Processing halted.

Googling about this error shows some people advising to give Fop more
memory. I tried up to 1024MB and 2048MB (the machine has 2 gigs of memory)
with no luck.

Others have said it's a result of using tables or graphics that are "too
long". Any idea of some context for this? The graphic in the section that
the fo error seems to related to has a graphic of 11(w) x 15 (h) cm, which
seems fine to fit on an A4 page. Removing it didn't change anything.

Any help appreciated,

-pm

http://oceanclub.blogspot.com

"It is said that at the age of 55 each man becomes what he most
despised at the age of 25. I live in constant fear lest I become
a badly organised trip to Bournemouth."