From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Update from Trunk & Errors with FOP
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 11:58:27 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> On 04.01.2007 15:33:45 leeloo5e79-docbook wrote:

<snip/>

>>WARNING: Warning(Unknown location): fo:table, table-layout="auto" is currently not
supported by FOP
>>04.01.2007 11:11:34 org.apache.fop.fo.PropertyList convertAttributeToProperty
>>FATAL: Ignoring property: column-width="proportional-column-width(1)" (proportional-column-width()
function may only be used when fo:table has table-layout="fixed".; property:'column-width')
>>What does this mean? Using column-with in fo:table which is supported by FOP (http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/compliance.html#fo-property-column-width)
without table-layout="fixed" produces an error. And using it with table-layout="fixed" because
this is not support produces also an error. Somebody is understanding this? And table-layout="auto"
are also not supported.

> Not an error, a warning. table-layout="auto" is indeed not implemented,
> yet, but "fixed" is. We're just nitpickers concerning your not
> specifying column-widths in this case. :-)

I agree with what Jeremias says in principal. However, there is a
"FATAL" message above, which is puzzling me somewhat. Clearly it should
be just a warning when trying to use proportional-column-width function
and not an error let alone SEVERE or even FATAL.

Looking in the code reveals even more of a mystery. This message seems
to originate from PropertyList class in the line:

log.error("Ignoring property: "

Next question is how does an error get promoted 2 level to FATAL? And
should the exceptions being thrown by the Properties code be extended to
  allow them to be differentiated between warnings and errors and then
logged appropriately.

<snip/>

Chris