From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Mixing languages and Unicode
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 14:10:57 GMT
Hi Mildred,

in theory, you'd simply use font-family="Tibetan,sans-serif" and that
would be it. Unfortunately, FOP can't do per-character switching of
fonts, yet. At the moment, there's no way around specifying the right
font for each part of your document.

Concerning your mailing list subscription: Maybe it got swallowed at the
ASF or by your mail provider by a spam filter. I've heard that this can
happen from time to time.

On 01.05.2007 15:08:18 Mildred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to create a document using XSL and FOP containing tibetan
> prayers. And I'm having troubles with fonts.
>
> At first, all my tibetan characters were represented by a #. I looked
> at the fop website and I managed to create a configuration file, and to
> create a metric for my tibetan font. And everywhere I can found tibetan
> characters, i added the attribute font-family="Tibetan"
>
> But when there are latin characters and tibetan characters mixed
> together, it uses the tibetan font. But for the latin characters, the
> tibetan font draws them with serif. and all other latin characters in
> my document are sans-serif. So it doesn't look right.
>
> I would rather like to specify in my document the latin font. And let
> FOP use the tibetan font for tibetan characters (those characters can
> only be found here, it should not be too difficult). Is it possible ?
>
> I would like to say it works like that everywhere on my system. I use
> the DejaVu font for almost everything and where there are tibetan
> characters (in my text editor for example), the system fall back to the
> only tibetan font it can find. I xould like FOP to do the same.
>
> I hope you understood me. i can provide example if you ant.
> Thank you
>
> Mildred
>
> PS: i sent twice the subscription email to the mailing list but i had
> no response. So I'm using gmane.
>
> --
> Mildred       <xmpp:mildred@jabber.fr> <http://mildred632.free.fr/>
> Clef GPG :    <hkp://pgp.mit.edu> ou <http://mildred632.free.fr/gpg_key>
> Fingerprint : 197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]

Jeremias Maerki