From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: interested in reading/contributing to books about fop?
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 23:09:57 GMT
Rizwan Virk:
> The initiative is to produce either one or two books about certain open
> source software products;
>
> The goal is to do this using an open source model - with individual
> chapters contributed by knowledgeable users/developers, and then making
> the book available for free online reading (and a printed/bound version
> for a fee like any other book).

Incidentally, I was recently reading the in-development Django book
online (http://www.djangobook.com/), and it has a very cool interface
for people to make comments on the published chapters.  For example
looking at http://www.djangobook.com/en/beta/chapter09/, you can see
there’s a section of the left margin that corresponds to each top-level
block element of the markup.  If you click on it, you can leave a
comment on that paragraph/list/code fragment.

Perhaps you could use a similar interface.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/