From Philip Luppens <philip.lupp...@gmail.com>
Subject CMYK/Pantone support
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:28:23 GMT

Hi all,

I have inherited a project that's using FOP to create PDFs, and send them to
the printing department. Of course, the printing department doesn't quite
like sRGB color spaces, and they requested the possibility to use the
Pantone color space instead (CMYK being a distant second option). Now, I
have very limited experience with color spaces (read: I knew they existed ..
somewhere ..), so some of this might be entirely wrong (or badly worded).

In the XSL we're using to transform the XML, we're also using external SVG
images. The newly created PDF should be using the Pantone color space. Now,
I wonder: does this mean my SVGs should also be declared in the Pantone
color space, or is this something FOP should take care of (provided that
there is Pantone support, of course) ?

I've seen there is (limited) CMYK support for PDFs, but whatever post/page
I've found regarding Pantone colors, is either complete rubbish (at least
for me), or unanswered.

Kind regards,

Philip