From "Khaled Aly" <ka....@luxsci.net>
Subject RE: proper fop command line
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 20:29:54 GMT
Thanks Andreas for your willingness to help. I got it working fine with
0.93, which is the version used by oXygen 8.2 (that's why I never noticed
there was a problem; somehow 0.93 is forgiving about the particular issue).
When I tried same on oXygen 9Beta, running FOP 0.94, it failed there too but
the error msg was more informative than the console one, indicating
something to do with tables. Recalling FOP 0.2 had removed the tables, I
used your advice to rule out, just focusing on tables. I found this problem:

<fo:table table-layout="fixed" width="100%">
<fo:table-header>
<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:block font-size="9pt" font-family="sans-serif" font-weight="bold"/>
<<<<< 0.94 required a non-empty block
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</fo:table-header>
. . .

Still curious why 0.2 rejected all the fo tables although they were all just
basic and not all had the above "violation"! But likely there is no need to
use this version. It was fun working the day through to get to know FOP that
'much' better :-| Enough to figure that 0.94 is more strictly XSL 1.1
compliant, but I couldn't find an explicit requirement in the specification
about the block content. Hope I didn't bore you.

Cheers
Khaled