From David Hurcomb <david.hurc...@mpfs.org.uk>
Subject Question regarding FOP usage and PCL duplex
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 13:05:04 GMT
I have started to evaluate FOP for document production purposes.

At first look I am very impressed and hope to use it to produce PCL for
print runs of  (less than 10) thousand small simple documents(2-3
pages).  I also intend to store the FO make up of the document of the
document for production on demand in pdf (etc..) formats.

Firstly I would be grateful if you could let me know if this is a
sensible use for FOP.

Secondly, regarding  PCL I notice that output tray selection is
supported via an extension I have tested this and it works but I cant
see how to specify a page as duplex.  I am happy to get dug in to the
source code if required to achieve this.  Does anyone have any
experience in generating PCL for duplex documents?

(I also have a problem with AWT rendering integrated within my java
program... would this be a good place to ask)
--
*David Hurcomb*
Programmer

Registered Address: Berwick House, 8/10 Knoll Rise, Orpington, Kent. BR6
OEL
MPFS is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
(Reg. No. 110026)
MPFS is incorporated under the Friendly Societies Act 1992 (Reg. No. 496F)