From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Character encoding problem
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:37:36 GMT
Michael Niemann wrote:
> Hello,
> I've read quite a few older postings about encodig problems and mine
> might not be connected to FOP directly.
> I pass two streams to FOP. The xslt stream includes the output tag with
> its encoding set to UTF-8 but still the resulting pdf doesn't show the
> german Umlaute correctly.

If the PDF isn't showing the correct character it may not be caused by
encoding problems. If you are seeing a # character where the umlaute
should be then the problem is caused by the Font you are using not
having a glyph for the corresponding codepoint. If so, then you will
need to change the Font Family to one which does a glyph for the German
Umlaute character.

<snip/>

Chris